Updating and Perfecting Your Home
Are you noticing your energy bills are higher than usual? Does it seem like you can hear every sound outside? If so, you may need to start considering new windows? When the windows in your home become old and ineffective, it does no good to leave them. Instead, it’s important to start considering replacing them. Doing so will ensure your home is protected, secure, and safe from any potential dangers. To learn more about a window replacement in Augusta, GA, contact Raborns Roofing & Restorations at (706) 814-3207.
Why Window Replacements Are Necessary
The windows on your property are designed to do a few specific jobs. Of course, they offer you a view of your surroundings, but they can and should do so much more. Windows should be able to help regulate the temperatures, to an extent. They should also offer protection from the elements. When they get older they become less effective at providing the services you need. It’s during these times when a window replacement for your home should be considered. Replacing windows when they stop being effective will bring you a number of benefits. You’ll likely start to see a reduction in your energy bills. When older windows aren’t replaced, they leak warm and cool air, causing your HVAC system to work double-time to regulate the temperatures. Along with that, you’ll also see improved property value. Clean, well-maintained windows help your curb appeal as well as your resale value. So why is replacing the windows necessary? It’s important because you will be updating your home so it is better protected and maintained.
Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Windows
Because windows are so important to your home, it’s important to care for them. Just like you would invest in roof repair in Augusta, GA, invest in repairs and maintenance for your windows. Even with regular maintenance, how do you know when to replace them? There are a few clear signs that it’s to replace the whole window.
- Faulty Operation: The older a window gets, the more faulty it is prone to become. Factor in rust, mold, and wood rot, and you have a window that will regularly jam or stick. When you start to notice these problems, you are probably due for a replacement.
- Condensation: Moisture build-up is normal when the temperatures inside your home and the temperature outside are drastically different. But that same moisture can get trapped between window panes if the seals are worn, weathered, or completely missing.
- Cold Drafts: When you standing next to a closed window and still feel a cool draft, there is something wrong with the window itself. Depending on the situation, a window replacement or repair may be needed.
- Audible Outdoor Noise: If you are able to hear every single car horn, dog bark, door closing, etc., then it’s time to invest in new windows. Older windows have little to no insulation, which is resulting in the excessive noise inside your home.
- Decay, Water Damage, or Mold: Age and extreme weather can do some real damage to your home and your windows. If they have been neglected over time, there could be possible water damage, mold, or other signs of damage. These are clear indications that new windows are necessary.
So, you’ve found that it’s time to replace your windows. How much does a window replacement cost? The price is going to vary based on window brand, other services needed, and more. It will probably cost about the same for a drain cleaning in Canton, GA. To learn more about your options, contact Raborns Roofing & Restorations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the average cost to replace windows?
- The average cost to replace a residential window is between $175 and $700. The cost can vary depending on the cost and quality of the actual window, raising the replacement costs between $800 and $1,200.
- What are the best replacement windows?
- Andersen Windows, Pella Windows, Milgard Windows, Simonton Windows, Harvey Windows – just to name a few of the top replacement window brands. If you purchase any from these brands, you can’t go wrong.
- Is it cheaper to replace glass or whole window?
- It will almost always be cheaper to replace the glass instead of the whole window. However, if the window seals are the ultimate problem, replacing the glass will only fix part of the problem. You’ll still need to invest in other repairs or replacement services.
- Does new windows increase home value?
- Yes, newer windows will ultimately increase your home value. Newer, better windows are a big investment and if you plan on selling your home, you will likely see a sizeable return on investment thanks to those replacement windows.
- How do you know when to replace your windows?
- There are several warning signs to pay attention to, the most telling being your energy bills. If you notice that your energy or electricity bills are higher than usual, it may be time for new windows.
Schedule an Appointment With Us Today
Are you interested in a window replacement for your Augusta, GA? If so, contact Raborns Roofing & Restorations at (706) 814-3207 to get started today.